Monday, April 26, 2004

Librarian 'Zine

I've been a long-time reader of Utne magazine. At one time I was even part of the "Utne family", one of the original hosts in the online communityUtne Cafe.

I'm looking at the May/June 2004 issue of Utne. They have always been a library friendly bunch, and even have a staff librarian, Chris Dodge. I see he now has a column "Street Librarian". And the back page also features a 'zine from librarian Celia Perez. Her 'zine is called "I Dreamed I Was Assertive" in which she writes about taking control of her life. Sounds interesting....if anyone has seen this zine I'd be interested to know where it might be available in the Toronto area or if there are other librarian zines. From a quick web search, it appears she has a number of other zines.

No comments: