Saturday, June 23, 2007

Podcasters Across Borders

This weekend I am attending the international conference Podcasters Across Borders being held in Kingston, Ontario. There are about 100 participants and most are podcasters (I am in the minority as a podcaster wannebe here I think).

I have intermittent web access here in the meeting room; I am typing up notes and will post them as I have access.

I missed most of yesterday's festivities - Bob Goyetche and Mark Blevis giving a session on intro podcasting and Tod Maffin talking about how to create radio stories. Also, there was a cruise. Unfortunately I got here after the boat left because traffic was a lot worse than I even thought it would be, and it took me a good hour longer than I expected to get out of Toronto because of traffic. Fortunately I managed to catch most of the Uncle Seth show over next door from the hotel.

Thus far the message seems to be remembering the original pioneer spirit of podcasting, and to become closer as a community.

1 comment:

Connie Crosby said...

More like 140 participants! *almost* sold out.