Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Catch Connie Crosby Today -- Live!

After two very full days of teaching in Ottawa I now get to "bust out" a little and hang with three different groups in one day. Currently I am holed up in a secret location getting ready for the following events:

- 4:00 p.m. Toronto Association of Law Libraries - I am speaking at the "Surf and Learn"--as opposed to "Lunch and Learn"--on the funky topic Social Networking Tools Inside the Law Firm. This is a members-only event. The original cap was at 20 people, but I hear they opened it up for up to 35 of my colleagues. Wow! I can't wait.

- 6:30 p.m. Toronto Geek Girl Dinner - tonight's speaker is Malgosia Green, co-founder of Savvica, an education technology company. Cost is $22 for the fabulous buffet dinner at the Hot House Cafe on Front St. There are still a few spots left on the sign-up wiki. Note that you have to be a woman or guest of a woman to attend. If any of my male friends are interested, let me know.

- 10:00 p.m. EST Uncontrolled Vocabulary - this is the library industry's phone-in talk show. I will be guest hosting tonight! You can join in the call by signing in to Talkshoe (via telephone or if you can figure out how to do it with microphone and a computer--that's how I do it, using a paid level of Skype to call in cheaply). I will be opening up the phone lines at 9:45 p.m. EST to give everyone a chance to get logged in and settled, then we start recording at 10 pm! You can also just listen in (access from the blog link above). Or, you can go back and listen to it later. It's all good. Hope you will check it out!!

So, see you this evening! I am hoping these howling winds and blowing snow calm down by then.

Namaste.

No comments: