Thursday, September 09, 2010

Candidates for SLA 2011 Board of Directors

Hi folks! Well, I'm not completely AWOL, just rocked off my socks with work. That's a good thing, right? But I do truly miss popping by the blog and sharing my thoughts with you. The urge to blog is strong, it is. Some quick musings tonight:

I love that the Special Libraries Association has its candidates for Board of Directors each year record video to share their thoughts and give the members an idea of how they perform under the pressure of presenting on video. The quality gets better every year, too.

I am posting two from the Candidates for 2011 Board of Directors that stand out for me, not only because Jill Hurst-Wahl and Ulla de Stricker are friends and fellow consultants who have generously shared with me a lot of what they know, but also because I like the way in which they express how we are part of something bigger, a network of librarians and information professionals who are stronger as a whole than we can be individually. Ulla's analogy is particularly well thought-out.

If you are a member of SLA, I encourage you to check out all the candidate videos. The polls close September 29 at 2 pm PT/5 pm ET.

Jill Hurst-Wahl (candidate for Director):




Ulla de Stricker (Candidate for Chapter Cabinet Chair-Elect):

No comments: